Circle is equipped with powerful filtering capabilities right out of the box, but each family's particular needs may require taking additional steps to ensure that the Filter settings for each profile are behaving as expected.
We've created this list of support resources to help you get the most out of your Circle Filters. Take a look at the list below to find the help that you need!
Getting started with Circle Filters
- Circle Feature Guide: Filter Settings
- Does Circle Filter a Site's Content or Show Search results?
- Manage Popular Apps, Websites, and Categories of the Internet with Circle
- Filter Level Defaults
- Using Circle's "None" filter level
- Setting a Site as Allowed/Not Allowed with Circle
- What Does the Unmanaged Filter Setting Do?
- Using Custom Website Filters
- How Circle Handles Conflicting Filter Settings
Setting up Circle Filters to block or allow specific apps and websites
- Known issues related to overlap between Instagram and Facebook
- Manage search results using Safe Search and YouTube Restricted Mode settings
- Managing or Filtering an App Like Discord with Circle
- Managing or filtering YouTube with Circle
- Manage or Filter Streaming Sites like Netflix with Circle
- Using Google Classrooms, Drive, or Hangouts/Meet with Circle
- Using Zoom with Circle
- Using Microsoft Skype, Teams, Office, or Sharepoint with Circle
- Using the Vimeo Video Service with Circle
- Using IXL education service with Circle
- Setting up Circle and Dexcom
Improving Circle Filter experience for everyone
- Improve the filtering experience for kids by installing the Circle certificate
- Suggesting a new Circle category for a website