This article will show you how to set up your Circle to restrict Internet access for new devices until you grant them permission.
After setting up Circle Home Plus on your home network, Circle will discover new devices that join the network and assign them to the default profile.
- For Circle 1st generation, all devices are assigned automatically to the Home Profile. This cannot be changed.
- For Circle Parental Controls (2nd gen), all devices are assigned automatically to the "Unmanaged Devices" group by default, but you can change this to the "Home" profile if you prefer.
Setting up the Home profile as a permission-only "waiting room"
- If you haven't yet done so, set up Circle Home Plus on your home network. Learn more.
- Launch the Circle app.
- Tap the Home profile bubble to open the Home profile.
- Tap the Pause button to pause the profile completely.
- Then, go to Menu >> Settings >> Assign New Devices to Home Profile and enable the toggle.
Setting up your Circle in this way will automatically assign new devices to the Home profile, which is now Paused. So long as the Home profile is paused, all new devices will start in that "Paused" state until you manually move them into the preferred profile. Learn more about moving devices from one profile to another.
Who would benefit from a permission-only "waiting room"?
- Anyone who wants to verify new devices before allowing them to use the home network
- Anyone who is receiving multiple "Unknown Device" notifications from Circle without a clear indication of what those devices may be. "Learn more about "Unknown Devices" found by Circle and how to manage them.