Using the Circle app, you can manage mobile devices anywhere they go. That includes the phone or tablet you use to manage your Circle account. Follow the steps below to set up the self-manage feature on your parent device.
Once your phone or tablet is set up with the self-manage feature, you will be managed by Circle anywhere you go, just like your family's other mobile devices.
How to setup the Circle VPN on your parent device
- Open the Circle app on your device.
- Login to your account if you are not already logged in.
- Choose the Profile that you want to use for managing your device and tap on it.
(If you don't already have a Profile, see here to create a new Profile.)
(If you see No Devices Assigned: Tap on Set up Profile Features Instead.)
- iOS: Tap Edit.
Android: Tap the (gear) icon in the upper right.
- Toggle This Profile Belongs to Me on.
- Tap Manage the Device I'm Holding.
- Android: Tap Continue.
- Tap Install VPN.
- iOS: Tap Allow.
Android: Tap OK.
- Follow any on-screen prompts until you see All Done!
- iOS: Tap I'm Finished.
Android: Tap Continue.
- iOS: Tap Done to return to the Profile screen.
Android: Tap the back arrow to return to the Profile screen.
How to stop managing your admin device
- Open the Circle Parental Controls app on your Admin device.
- Login to your Circle Parent account if you are not already logged in.
- Choose the Profile that you use for managing your device and tap on it.
- Tap Devices.
- Select your admin device.
- Tap Remove Device. (Scroll down if you don't see this option.)
- Tap Remove to confirm.