For specific details related to the Circle 1st generation device, please scroll down until you see the image for "Circle 1st generation."
Have you already paired your Circle Home device, but the Circle app can’t find it? It’s possible that Circle Home Plus has become unpaired from your router.
This can happen if you’ve replaced your router or changed its network password. In this case, you’ll have to reconnect to the Circle Home hotspot and repair it to your network. Alternatively, plug Circle in using Ethernet to your router or reset the device.
How do I pair the Circle Home Plus device again?
You can pair Circle Home Plus again in a couple of ways:
Reset the device and set up as new
A super easy way to get Circle working again and connected to your network is to reset it and set up again. Don't worry this won't remove any of your devices, profiles, or settings.
To do so, open the Circle app >> Menu >> Settings >> and tap "Remove Circle Home Plus". As well, you will need to reset the Circle Home Plus manually by following this guide. After doing so, wait a minute and then open the menu again and tap "Set up Circle Home Plus" to proceed through pairing again.
Plug Circle in via Ethernet
If the Circle hotspot can't be connected to or you want to plug Circle in via Ethernet you can get the unit working again with the following:
- Plug Circle into your main router displaying your network at home
- Reboot Circle by holding power for 10 seconds, then powering the device back on
- Reboot your router
- Wait a couple of minutes and then reopen the Circle app and things should be back to normal
- If you are still seeing a banner saying Circle is offline try force closing the parent app (You can also uninstall and reinstall the Circle parent app for troubleshooting here, afterwards log in with your account credentials)
(Android Only) Connect to the hotspot and change the network password
Please note this option is only available in the Android app currently.
If you've changed the network password on your router that Circle was paired with it will go offline, unless the Ethernet cord is plugged in. You can change the password Circle Home Plus is using to connect. To do so:
- Open your Circle parent app
- Tap on the banner indicating Circle Home Plus is offline
- Tap update Wi-Fi credentials and follow the in-app prompts
- If you're having any issues following those prompts work through one of the options below
The Hotspot isn't Appearing
Not seeing the Circle hotspot and unable to manage Circle?
When the Circle device first turns on and it cannot find a network it is paired with, it will begin to broadcast its own hotspot, which is like a dedicated Wi-Fi network just for your Circle device. The hotspot will have a name that looks like "Circle-xxxx" (i.e., "Circle-1E44"), Connecting to this hotspot is one of the very first steps to get your Circle device setup.
The Circle device hotspot behaves in different ways depending on where you are in the setup process for your Circle device, but once you've successfully paired your Circle device with your network/router, the Circle device hotspot will no longer appear in your Wi-Fi list.
I can't find my hotspot during setup
If you are unable to find the Circle device hotspot in your Wi-FI network settings during initial setup:
- Move physically closer to the Circle device (within 3-5 feet).
- Ensure that the Circle device has power and is turned ON. The light on the back of your Circle device should be blinking slowly.
- Wait at least 60 seconds from powering on the Circle device. This ensures that it has enough time to startup.
- Toggle off your Wi-Fi then turn it back on. This will refresh the network list.
- Turn the Circle device off and then back on. Wait 60 seconds for Circle to startup.
- Forget the Circle hotspot from your WiFi settings, and forget your current WiFi connection.
Circle is asking me to pair again but the hotspot isn't appearing
When you pair your Circle device with your home Wi-Fi, the Circle device hotspot automatically comes down in order to prevent your phone from accidentally connecting back to the hotspot rather than your home network. You will know that your Circle device is paired with your home network if the light on the back of your Circle device beneath the power plug is ON and solid (not blinking).
If launching the Circle app brings you back to the "Begin" setup screen after you've already paired Circle device rather than the app's home screen, here are some steps to work through:
- Close the Circle app and relaunch it. Check the light on the back of Circle device. If it's blinking, you may need to pair your Circle device again, so proceed through the setup screen. If it is solid, there was likely a misfire of the app.
- Reboot your router. At times, the communication between the Circle device and the app breaks down at the router. Rebooting (i.e., restarting) the router can help to resolve this issue. Warning: rebooting your router will temporarily take down your internet connection. Only do so if you feel comfortable.
- Reboot the Circle device. Turning the Circle device off and then on again can help to get you back into the app properly.
- Use the Ethernet cable. Connecting your Circle device to your router with the Ethernet cable provided can help to strengthen the communication between the app and your Circle device. The Circle device's Ethernet port is located beneath the flap on the back of the device below where it plugs into power.
If you are attempting to set up a brand new or factory reset Circle Home (1st generation) device, see this article for some setup tips.
Have you already paired your Circle Home (1st generation) device, but the Circle app can’t find it? It’s possible that Circle Home has become unpaired from your router. This can happen if you’ve replaced your router or changed its network password. In this case, you’ll have to reconnect to the Circle Home device hotspot and repair it to your network. Alternatively, plug Circle in using Ethernet to your router.
📒 NOTE: For security reasons, after you initially pair your Circle Home device, we change the default hotspot password to a unique string of numbers and letters to make sure only the authorized individual--you--can access Circle if it becomes disconnected.
How do I see the correct password?
1. Open the Circle app.
2. Tap "Pair New Circle".
3. Proceed through set up as if you were setting up a new Circle.
4. When prompted to pair with the hotspot, you'll see the correct password listed there.
Once you have the correct password you can open your device's WiFi settings, forget the Circle hotspot network, and connect to it using the correct password.
⚠️Still can't connect or is the hotspot password not working? If you’ve deleted and reinstalled the Circle app or purchased a new admin device to manage Circle, the setup screen may display the incorrect hotspot password. If that’s the case, try plugging Circle into your router via Ethernet cord. The LED light should be come solid. After a minute or two, connect to your WiFi network and open the Circle app to find and manage your device again.
Note: You might have trouble connecting to Circle if you are using a VPN on your phone or tablet during setup -- we recommend disabling that temporarily.
Troublehooting other issues connecting to hotspot
Still can't connect to the Circle hotspot?
- Make sure you are near the device.
- Verify the "Circle-****" network appears in your Wi-Fi list.
- Ensure the device is powered on and blinking by resetting it.
- Turn off data on your device.
- Try forgetting the Wi-Fi network for "Circle-****".
The Hotspot isn't Appearing
Not seeing the Circle hotspot and unable to manage Circle? Check out this article for more help! If the LED light on Circle isn't on try troubleshooting power issues. Finally, you may need to delete the Circle app and reset your device then set up from new.